The Temple Railroad & Heritage Museum
Transcontinental Art Fair
AUGUST 19 & 20, 2017
Save the date! August 19 and 20 at the Mayborn Civic & Convention Center – Come to the 2nd annual Transcontinental Art Fair! Due to construction at the museum, we will be hosting this year’s Art Fair inside the Main Hall at the beautiful Frank W. Mayborn Civic & Convention Center located at 3303 N. 3rd St., Temple Texas.
Stop by August 19th from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, August 20th from 11:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. as nationally recognized artists from all around Texas sell their works. Art lovers will find a great mix of original oil and acrylic paintings, prints, photography, mixed media, woodcrafts, jewelry, leather goods, ceramics, and more! Come explore 80 booths of great art!
Attendance to the art fair is free. Art and food are purchased on your own. There will also be a cash bar with beer and wine.
Information for artists:
- Check in & Set Up: Friday, August 18, 2016 between 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Artist Packets will be given at check-in. Vendors may start selling on Friday. All booths must be set up by 10 AM Saturday, August 19th
- Show Dates & Times: Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm, Sunday, 11 am – 4:00 pm
- Location: Indoor Show – Frank W. Mayborn Civic & Convention Center, Main Hall, 3303 N. 3rd St., Temple, TX 76501
- Booth Spaces: 10’ x 10’ and 10’ x 20’ (There will be ample room for customers to walk around each booth.)
- Application Deadlines: June 30, 2017 for early bird pricing, August 1, 2017 begins regular pricing
- Vendor Benefits:
– Inside air condition VIP Area reserved for vendors only.
– Friday night artist reception at the museum including exhibit viewing with beer & wine and hors d’ oeuvres.
– Booth sitters upon request.
– Welcoming packet with coupons.
– Heavy promotion of event including TV, radio and print ads.
– Artist may request to be scheduled to demonstrate their art technique on the main stage at no cost.
– There will be live music and entertainment.
– Negotiated reduced rates at area hotels have been secured.
– Plenty of parking with easy loading area.
- Security: Vendors may store their items inside the Convention Center building Friday and Saturday overnight after the fair closing. The Center is locked afterhours with a security alarm system. However, the City of Temple, the Temple Railroad & Heritage Museum and its staff and members are not responsible for any losses or misplaced items. We highly suggest you provide means to which you can bundle and label items stored inside the Convention Center.
- Juried Process: The Temple Transcontinental Art Fair is a juried show with a variety of art, artisans and crafters. The show’s committee will jury your photos and application. Items should be hand made. Artists are allowed to bring and sell high quality reproduction prints. Notifications of acceptance will be sent upon review of the jury.
- Show criteria: All artists and artisans are required to stay the duration of the show.
- Hotels: Make reservations early!
-Hampton Inn Temple offers $84 plus tax a night. Contacting front desk at (254) 770-5400 with group code ART or reserve online at http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/T/TPLSGHX-TRA-20170818/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
-La Quinta Inns & Suites Temple $55 plus tax a night- Pets welcomed. Call front desk at (254) 771-2980 with group code Transcontinental Art Fair
- Special Requests: Any special requests must be provide to the event coordinator at email@example.com ASAP and will be honored at the discretion of the host organization. There are NO refunds on booth fees and booth fees must be paid in full.
Where to Mail Forms & Payment and/or Direct Questions:
Temple Railroad and Heritage Museum
Attention: Yvonne Lane, Art Fair Coordinator
315 W. Ave. B
Temple, Texas, 76501